Thursday, July 10, 2008

Discernment...it's a Gift

Okay one discovery I've been wanting to acknowledge is this: during our VBS a couple of weeks ago, I learned something. Don't you love that? I always learn something when I'm the teacher! Our VBS focused on the fact that God loves us and has a plan for each and every one of us. I'm passionate about teaching kids that. I think it's our job to take what God has given each child and bring it out in a way glorifying to Him. God doesn't make accidents, and He made each of us exactly the way He needed us to fulfill some purpose for the Kingdom. Anyhow, one day, we were learning about our own unique gifts and talents from God, and I finally put a name to a gift that I've known I've had for a long time: I have the gift of discernment!

It makes so much sense to me - I don't know why it took me so long to actually identify it. Like I said, I 've always sensed that ability. What sense does it make that we, as Christians, don't use all that we have at our fingertips? My husband always tells me to use the right tool for the job. I think I've used my gift, but not to it's available capacity. Now that I'm acknowledging it and praising God for it, I'm excited to see how I can use it. What about you? What kinds of gifts and talents has God given you? Are you using them to please Him?

2 comments:

Havedirt Willshare said...

Hi my friend! I'm glad to see you are a blogger now. What a great way to display one of your many talents! I look forward to visiting.

Gifts... well, I'm grateful for the ability to stay calm, listen and see different points of view.

cara said...

Tyler - yes, I'd agree with your gifts - you're definitely open to other viewpoints, etc. I've always loved that about you!